Being a list of places I like to get supplies from.
- Play Time, Arlington, MA
- Lots of nice glass beads, plenty of jewelry findings, feathers, crochet cotton, some wire. Accessible by T! And would be an easy bike-ride, too.
- Beadworks in Harvard Square
- Individually-priced beads, a variety of gemstone (and other) beads, nice findings.
- The Pear Tree, Brookline, MA
- Small bead store, nice chain sold by the inch/foot/yard, completely different variety of beads than Play Time or Beadworks. Nice stuff, but a little inconvenient for yours truly.
- The Recycle Shop, Boston Children’s Museum
- OMG such neat scrap material!!!
- The Garment District, Cambridge
- The Dollar-A-Pound is quite nice! And Boston Costume has been very useful, too. And the seasonal sales.
- Source of cheap clothing, fabric (i.e. sheets, drapes, etc.), shoes, random household items
- Really good prices on stainless steel and brass wire